Visiting Graham’s in Porto

Graham’s was founded in 1820 by the brothers William and John Graham.

In 1890 they made a far sighted move and as one of the first port producers, they bought their own wine yard. The now famous Quinta dos Malvedos. It was the same year they built their lodge at its current location in Vila Nova de Gaia.

In 1912 they switched from transporting the pipes of port by boat to have it driven down by train on the newly constructed rail roads.

In 1970 Graham’s was bought by the Symington family and is at present day still in their possession.

The main entrance to the Graham’s wine cellars.
GS6A1386
The almost obligatory wine bottle collection that can be found at all the port cellars.
GS6A1387
The tour leads through the casks and vats to the vintage cellar.
GS6A1388
This is the private collection of Graham’s own vintage wines, owned by the Symington family.
GS6A1391
This is the private collection of Graham’s own vintage wines, owned by the Symington family.
GS6A1389
This is the private collection of Graham’s own vintage wines, owned by the Symington family.
GS6A1390
The newly released 1952 single harvest tawny. A celebration to the jubilee of Queen Elisabeth II.
GS6A1392
The large vats with LBV wines.
GS6A1394
Casks with colheita and tawny port wines.
GS6A1395
Casks with colheita port wines.
GS6A1396
The Churchill VIP tasting room is worth the visit, actually I must say that it is a shame to miss this room full of all the original cellar tracking records and the very good wines you get to taste here.
GS6A1398

This entry was posted in Wine and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Visiting Graham’s in Porto

  1. Pingback: Graham – LBV 2008 | Wine and beer

  2. Pingback: Graham Vintage Port 1975 | Wine and beer

  3. Pingback: Graham Vintage Port 1985 | Wine and beer

  4. Pingback: Graham Vintage Port 1995 | Wine and beer

  5. Pingback: Graham Vintage Port 1980 | Wine and beer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *